The Cooloola Christian College Early Learning Centre is a safe and supportive community where children are nurtured and encouraged to achieve, explore, develop and excel. The program is available to children aged from 15 months until they are eligible for Prep.
CCC has developed a unique educational program focusing on play based learning following the children’s interests, and guided by the National Quality Framework, Early Years Learning Framework, and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines. Based on exploratory and creative learning philosophies, your child in our Early Learning Program is encouraged and guided as their individual gifts and abilities are developed.
CCC’s Early Learning Centre offers:
- Kindergarten (pre-Prep) Program – for children aged from 3½ years to school age. Children in this Government Approved Kindergarten Program must attend a minimum of 2 days per week during school term time.
- Pre-Kindy program – for children aged from 15 months. You can enroll your child from 1 to 5 days per week in this program.
Other services offered through the CCC ELC include Before and After School Care as well as Vacation Care. Click here for details of these programs.
The Early Learning Centre operates three session times:
- 12 Hour session – 6:30am to 6:30pm, Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays) for 50 weeks per year.
- 9 Hour session – from 7:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays) for 50 weeks per year.
- 6 Hour session – from 9:00am to 3:00pm, Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays) for 50 weeks per year.
The Centre is closed each year during Christmas week and New Year week.
The Daily Rate for the pre-Kindy and Kindergarten program is $90 per 12 hr session or 9 hr session, $80 per 6 hr session. Families can claim the applicable Child Care Subsidy (CCS) once you are registered with the Department of Human Services. You can contact the department by phone on 13 61 50 or through their web site: www.humanservices.gov.au
Cooloola Christian College staff involved in the Early Learning Program have extensive experience and qualifications in providing educational programs to young children.
Each day follows a pattern but allows for flexibility and the opportunity to explore, according to the interests of the child. The main activities of our educational Kindergarten program are undertaken from 9:00am to 3:00pm, in school term time.
During the week the following areas will be explored:
- Indoor Activities
- Outdoor Activities
- Story Time
- Creative Play
- Individual Activities
- Group work
- Physical Education
- Quiet/Rest Time